iThinkdiff today is proud to announce the release of French Dictionary 12.0, an update to their popular bilingual dictionary app for iOS devices. Featuring a large database, Pronunciation, Online Translator, Phrase Book, Flash cards and games help both students and travelers to translate nearly anything from French into English and vice versa. Version 12.0 introduces Apple Watch support. Now anyone can quickly see recent search history, bookmarked words, translation, phrases and word of the day in their watch.
The leading iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch bilingual dictionary translates between English and French now extremely useful for Apple Watch support. Lead developer Mahmud Ahsan said, “Now the dictionary will be more useful with the new Apple watch feature. Both students and travelers can use French Dictionary to translate nearly anything from French into English or vice versa. Over 330 million people speak French, and it is my hope that this dictionary will make communication between French speakers and English speakers easier than ever before.”
“Wikipedia lists French script as one of the most popular writing systems in the world,” continues Mr. Ahsan, “so it was important for us to help users look up words quickly without having to transliterate them into Latin [English] characters first.”
* Over 141,000 English and 81,000 French words in an offline dictionary
* Translate individual words, phrases, or whole sentences
* Scan text in image by pointing device camera to search in dictionary
* Cross search feature – Touch a word for a while for the menu (Copy, Define, Search, Pronunciation)
* Bookmark and Recent History for instant recall
* Multiple games to help students improve their English or French vocabulary
* Online & Offline Pronunciation for English & French text
* Flash Card & Word of the Day for vocabulary learning
* Phrase Book
* Apple Watch supported for quick access of saved and recent search words, phrases, translation and word of the day
“French Dictionary was designed for both students and travelers. You can use it as a phrase book for a short trip, or you can use it to learn a language for life. And, at only $4.99 in the App Store, it’s cheaper than either a paperback phrase book or even the simplest study guide. A free version with in-app purchase options is also available,” said Mr. Ahsan.
French Dictionary’s core translation function works offline. But when the user’s device is online, several extra features become available, such as an online scoring system which helps students earn Achievements for using app features, plus a vocabulary Leaderboard which rewards the most effective students.
English words link to their Wiktionary page to help users discover the history behind words, and built-in app connections let users send their translations to other apps on their device, such as Facebook, Twitter, Email, and SMS.
All current iPhones, iPads, iPod touch and Apple Watch are supported. Devices with a Retina display will find Spanish Dictionary automatically optimizes itself for high-resolution text display so users don’t need to squint.
* Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple Watch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 57.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
French Dictionary 12.0 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category. A free version with in-app purchase options is also available.