Ekero, Sweden – Maintain today is proud to announce the release of Cocktail 10.3.4 (Sierra Edition), the latest maintenance update for users running macOS Sierra 10.12. The update is highly recommended for all users of Cocktail (Sierra Edition).
* Added ability to show heat map in Year view in Calendar (Interface – Misc). Shows an increasingly red heat map for busier days when in Year view.
* Added ability to disable checking for updates for connected devices in iTunes (Interface – Misc). Prevents iTunes from automatically checking for upgrades for connected devices (iPhones, iPads, etc).
* Added ability to easily access Common Unix Printing System (Utilities menu)
* Added macOS Sierra 10.12.5 compatibility
* Fixed some compatibility issues with System Integrity Protection
* Minor user interface improvements
* Updated Help files
Cocktail is a general purpose utility for macOS that lets you clean, repair and optimize your Mac. The application serves up a perfect mix of maintenance tools and tweaks, all accessible through a clean and easy to use interface. Cocktail’s features are arranged into five categories that helps you manage various aspects of your computer. It also comes with an automatic Pilot mode that allows you to simply press a button and relax, knowing that Cocktail will take care of the rest.
* Automatically check S.M.A.R.T. status of disks
* Enable or disable journaling
* Set disk sleep (spindown) time
* Modify standby delay
* Change other disk sleep settings
* Force eject CD/DVD
* Run periodic maintenance scripts
* Purge inactive memory and optimize virtual memory usage
* Manage Spotlight indexing
* Erase Spotlight indexes
* Modify Time Machine settings
* Rebuild Launch Services and Help databases
* Rebuild Mail’s Envelope Index
* Update locate and whatis databases
* Force empty the Trash
* Change startup mode or set startup delay
* Disable startup sound
* Disable Gatekeeper
* Disable Notification Center and App Nap
* Clear system caches
* Clear user caches
* Clear font caches
* Clear virtual memory swap files
* Clear temporary files
* Clear Internet caches
* Clear cookies, download lists, form values and history files
* Clear Adobe Flash Player caches and cookies
* Clear applications caches
* Search for corrupted preference files
* Delete unnecessary localization (language resources) files
* Clear and manage (view, print and save) log files
* Delete invisible DS Store files
* Delete locked or inaccessible items
* Change speed, duplex and MTU of network cards
* Easily optimize network settings for common connection types
* Modify IP configuration parameters
* Configure File Sharing settings
* Customize look and features of Finder, Dock, login window and other system services
* Modify hidden settings of Safari, iTunes and Launchpad
Cocktail (Sierra Edition) requires macOS Sierra 10.12 to run. Cocktail (El Capitan Edition) for OS X 10.11, Cocktail (Yosemite Edition) for OS X 10.10, Cocktail (Mavericks Edition) for OS X 10.9 are Cocktail (Mountain Lion Edition) for OS X 10.8 are available for download from Maintain website.
Pricing and Availability:
Cocktail is $19.00 (USD) for a single user license and available for purchase from the Maintain website. When unregistered, Cocktail runs in demo mode and will expire after the tenth launch.
Maintain develops tailored applications for Mac users. We work towards creating technical solutions which maintain your computer and make it as efficient and easy to use as possible. In addition, we offer comprehensive consultancy and support services which cover everything from operation of existing systems to purchase and implementation of new technical solutions. Among our clients are: Major League Baseball, Puma, The New York Times, Sony Pictures, Ericsson, Fortum, The City Of Calgary, Peak Performance, Loreal, Harvard University, Los Angeles Times, Swedish Film Institute, Weber, ESPN, Business Week, Swedish National Police Board, Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation, Getty Images, University of Texas, South Park Studios, CompUSA, bwin, Lockheed Martin, Defense Intelligence Agency, University of Michigan and hundred of thousands of Mac users around the world. Copyright (C) 2017 Maintain. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.